It has been a busy last couple weeks at Vantage. Just to give you an idea of what is going on:
- Our students are diving deeper into their academic and career-tech curriculum.
- Our fall athletes are continuing to compete (Shout out to Nolan German for winning the Putnam County League Cross Country meet this week!)
- Field trips, guest speakers and special events are also in full swing. In the last two weeks alone:
- Early Childhood students took the preschool children to Stoneco to learn about rock formations
- Carpentry students took a trip the Carpenter's Union
- GROB was here to speak with students in our Manufacturing programs
- We inducted 42 new members into the National Technical Honor Society
- We experienced our first two fog cancellations of the year this week
- Lincolnview's 6th graders will be taking a tour tomorrow
- A few staff members from Miller City High School visited our Health programs on Tuesday to see how they can improve upon their medical courses
Whether it's improving medical courses or our own health, career, family, school or athletics, it is human nature to want to improve upon ourselves. Speaking of improvement, we here at Vantage received our annual school report card a few weeks ago. Overall, we scored a "B" which is nothing to hang our heads about. In one of the areas on the report card, "Career and Post-Secondary Readiness" we improved our percentage by over 25% from last year. Talk about improvement! However, we are not done. Looking at the data, if we could have improved that area by 1.7% more, it would have given us an overall grade of "A". So with that said, we will be better! We will continue to focus on preparing students for college, career, and the military through emphasis on credentials, work-based learning opportunities, pre-apprenticeships and the OhioMeansJobs Readiness Seal.
Becoming better. Isn't that something that everyone strives for?